Health II and Healthy Living Group
Our Health II and Healthy Living Group meets some of the Utah State Health II requirements and standards, emphasizing on requirements involving self-concept and relationship issues. This group helps girls build social skills. It takes place at our school and is led by a certified teacher in the room.
Life Skills Group
In the Life Skills group, students practice positive communication skills and discussing sensitive topics. The objective of this group is to help students develop strategies to:
- create a healthy self-concept
- enhance mental and emotional health
- create and maintain healthy relationships
- assess and respond to harassment and violent behavior
- appropriately, safely, and responsibly use technology
- have safe and healthy intimate relationships
- recognize mental illnesses
The group/class structure will usually follow the structure of a five-part lesson plan. This plan includes (1) an anticipatory set that covers previous knowledge to tie into the new lesson, (2) introduction of new material, (3) a guided discussion or practice of the information, (4) a class led discussion of the new information, and (5) a closing activity that checks for student understanding of the material.